Guest DT Inkspirational Challenge - Watercolour Smooshing


Last January I was one of the top picks at inspirational challenges and I was invited to be the guest designer in a future challenge. 
Inkspirational Guest Designer Badge.png wordt weergegeven

The theme for the challenge is "watercolour smooshing". Here is a link to a tutorial on this technique. I used that same technique on my card.



The paisley stamp used on this card I had in my stash a long time. It is from Artemio, wood mounted stamp. 
I stamp the image several times with versamark ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder,
Then I did the watercolour smooching.
The sentiment is from a previous Simon says stamp card kit and just perfect for the colorful card. Finally I've added some gold and blue sequins.



I hope you'll join us in this weeks challenge over at inkspirational challenges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Henriette.


4 comments

Marina said...

The smooshing technique has created beautiful soft washes of colour on your background - I admire how you did that without it going all muddy-looking. The repeated stamping of the paisley stamp lets all the colours shine through. I love how you've place the sentiment. Gorgeous. Thanks for being our GD at Inkspirational.

Nonni said...

Great idea to combine emboss resist and smoothing! i've always smooshed first and stamped images after -I have to try this! I'm a paisley lover so this card really pleases my eye! Thanks for being our GD at Ink!

Shauna said...

What a lovely card! Great background design and the smooshing goes perfectly with that sentiment! Congrats on the GD position. It is great having you design with us!
- Shauna

cm said...

Your combination of gold embossed paisleys set atop the smooshed background is stunning! Each element enhances the impact of the other. A WOW card in every way! So thrilled to have you as a most inspiring GD over at INK! Thank you!
~carol